Replacing a roof can cost thousands of dollars and doing a regular inspection can prevent major issues that could cost you your home. Good’s Roofing techs provide a 17 point inspection that encompasses the outside and underside of your roof. That way, we can show you exactly what needs to be done to fix it.
There are plenty of differences in style and function for roofs and accessories for example, many homes built in Clio may lack gutters , but even still our tips can be of use to any homeowner.
- Check the roof framing structure to make sure it is not compromised. Visually scan the roof for any uneven or misaligned areas. Any sign of mismatch that you can see may be a big problem with the underlying plywood or the even the structure of the home. If you’re unsure, give us a call!
- Inspect the gutters make sure they are not clogged with debris, such as leaves, branches, ash or dirt. Check for leaks as well. Leaks in gutters can cause a buildup that may leak into your home.
- Make sure that gutters are fastened properly and are tight and secure so that they don’t cause overflow and build-up or fall off your roof.
- Check the valleys of the roof to ensure that they are also free and clear of debris that can add weight to the roof and interfere with rain fall off or snow.
- Make sure there is metal flashing around roof vents, pipes, skylights, and chimneys. Inadequate flashing is one of the most common causes for roofing leaks.
- Carefully inspect the roof shingles. Look for curling edges, missing granules and cracks. You should also trim any branches that may touch the roof when the wind is heavy. Danger signs for a failing roof include dark or “dirty looking” areas.